L’Tanya Bailey, DDS, MS, PLLC
Dr. Bailey is in private practice in High Point, North Carolina, having relocated to the Triad after serving as a fulltime Associate Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill since 1985. She remains as an adjunct faculty member at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Dr. Bailey received her BS degree in Basic Medical Sciences from Winston-Salem State University, her DDS degree from Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry in Nashville, TN. She also has completed an MS degree in orthodontics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr. Bailey has received numerous awards and honors, including the National Dental Association’s Colgate Palmolive Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research and is also a graduate of the Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine course, which only accepts a select number of applicants each year. She is also a board certified diplomat of the American Board of Orthodontics, and was inducted into the prestigious Angle Society of Orthodontics. She a recipient of the North Carolina Dental Society’s Meritorious Award.
Dr. Bailey has vast experience in the treatment of patients requiring orthodontics in conjunction with orthodontic surgery and has published and lectured extensively in the area of treatment stability for this patient population, while also having served as a principal investigator on numerous research projects.
Dr. Bailey is the mother of two sons, Jordan and Jacob Jefferson.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Bailey has been awarded numerous honors throughout her career. Listed below are just some of the awards she has been given.
- Presidents Award from the North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association (November 2004)
- National Dental Association Colgate Palmolive Teaching and Research Award (August 2003)
- Hedwig vanAmerigen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) Program for Women (April 2002)
- Past Presidents Award from the Old North State Dental Society (June 1999)
- Graduate Orthodontic Teaching Award from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics (May 1999)
- Honors Convocation Speaker at Winston-Salem University (April 1997)
- Alumni Achiever’s Award from Winston-Salem University, Division of Arts and Sciences (October 1997)
- Dentist of the Year Award by the Old North State Dental Society (June 1996)
- SNDA Advisor Award by the Student National Dental Association of UNC-CH (April 1996, 1989)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Graduate Orthodontic Teaching Award by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics (May 1994)
- Graduate Orthodontic Teaching Award from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics (May 1992)